CRYSTAL HOWARD, Executive Director
Crystal Howard was selected as the Executive Director of Project Cornerstone in April 2014 because of her extensive knowledge of the local construction aggregates industry, experience in public outreach, and leadership style.
Ms. Howard has spent the last nine years in the construction aggregates industry completing market studies, economic impact reports and developing asset valuation models applied to the industry. When not working towards growing Project Cornerstone, Ms. Howard is an Economist and Market Analyst for EnviroMINE, Inc.
- American Concrete Institute (ACI)
- California Construction and Industrial Materials Association (CalCIMA), Governmental & Legislative Committee Member, Environmental and Natural Resources Committee Member
- San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce, Infrastructure, Housing and Land Use Committee Member, Public Policy Committee Member
- Women in Mining (WIM)
- Women in Transportation (WTS)
- MS, Agricultural Economics, Purdue University, 1999
- BS, Managerial Economics, Utah State University, 1996
While the relationship between EnviroMINE, Inc. and Project Cornerstone, Inc. is close, the two entities' missions and objectives are very different. Project Cornerstone rents office space and shares staff with EnviroMINE; however, the two organizations' activities are conducted completely separate from one another. Project Cornerstone's activities are focused on the education of the construction aggregates industry, as a whole and does not represent specific projects in the permitting process.